A guide to information at the Elmhurst Public Library
- Diseases, by Bryan Bunch (J Ref 616 Dis)
- Human Diseases and Conditions, edited by Neil Izenberg (J Ref 616 Hum)
- Sick!: Diseases and Disorders, Injuries and Infections (J Ref 616.003 Sic)
Books on diseases, available for checkout, can be found under the Dewey Decimal call number J 616. Each individual disease has its own call number, for example:
- Asthma [J 616.238]
- Diabetes [J 616.462]
- West Nile Virus [J 616.925]
- Salmonella [J 616.927]
To find books on individual diseases, do a keyword search on the Library’s catalog, or ask a librarian to help you.
- Kids InfoBits Simple, quick access to curriculum-related information on current events, arts, sciences, health, people, government, sports, history and more, for students K – 5.
- Health and Wellness Resource Center Includes health and medical journals and pamphlets, articles from 2,200 general-interest publications, a broad collection of Gale reference titles, drug guides and more.
- Student Research Center Includes magazine, journal and newspaper articles, primary source documents, encyclopedias, maps and images. Tutorial