Community Bulletin Board and Pamphlet Rack
The Library has a locked bulletin board and pamphlet rack for the display or distribution of information of interest to Elmhurst residents. For information, read policy 3.5 or call (630) 279-8696.
Displays and Exhibits
All exhibits in the Library are scheduled. Exhibits will be accepted based upon the following criteria:
- general community interest
- timeliness of topic
- appropriateness to library services and collections
- suitability of the exhibit to the space available for display
The Library is not currently accepting new applications for the Exhibit Case, in order to prepare for an upcoming Library initiative. Please check back in January 2025.
Guidelines for exhibit
- Exhibits will be accepted from individuals or non-for-profit groups only.
- Elmhurst residents and organizations have first priority.
- Exhibits are generally set up on the first business day of the month and taken out the last business day of the month. The Library will contact you at least one month prior to your confirmed month to set up a specific day and time to set up your display.
- To be in this high-traffic area, exhibits must be attractive, of general interest to the community, and include 3-dimensional items of appropriate size.
- The exhibit case has a lock, however, the Library is not responsible for lost or damaged items.
- The Library reserves the right to take down the exhibit if necessary.
- No individual or group may exhibit more than once in a 12-month period.
- Applicants will be notified no later than four (4) months prior to the first requested exhibit date whether or not the application is approved. The exhibit case is not booked until confirmed by the Library.For more information read the full Exhibits and Displays policy.
|Exhibit Case Measurements
- Width-5.5 feet
- Height-5 feet
- Depth 1.75 feet
The case also has:
- an electrical outlet
- up to 4 adjustable glass shelves
- tackable back wall
- a plastic grid at the top to hang lightweight items
- a lock