Jump to: Law • Government • Voter Information • Tax Information
- Background Checks (Click the “Check Illinois” link) Whether you’re looking for a babysitter,checking on neighbors, or hiring a new employee, background checks can provide you with powerful insight into the activities of individuals with whom you may be seeking to trust or do business. Check Illinois is part of the Public Records tool.
- Legal Forms Find business and personal legal forms for Illinois. Also includes definitions and a lawyer directory. Tutorial
- Westlaw Next In Library Use only
Access Illinois-related federal and state cases, statutes and regulations. Tutorials(must create free account to access)
- Law Reference Books Online Gale Virtual Reference Library – use reference books in the library or from home 24/7. This database contains a wide variety of law reference books. Find authoritative information on a large number of topics. It’s like having a tall stack of reference books at your fingertips! Try these tutorials: 1) Basics, 2) Browse & Search, 3) Download PDF to Your eReader
- Public Records Electronic Database Find new homeowners, new businesses, foreclosures & sales, and bankruptcies in Cook, DuPage, Kane, Kendall, Lake, McHenry & Will counties. Also, run background checks using Check Illinois.
- SIRS Researcher In Library Use only Provides thousands of full-text articles on a variety of social, scientific, health, historic, economic, business, political and global issues. Articles are selected from around 1500 newspapers, magazines, journals and government publications. Includes news information, maps, and almanac information.
- GPO U.S. government publications
- Find General Newspaper & Magazine Articles
- USA.gov Official information and services from the U.S. government. Whatever you want or need from the U.S. government, it’s here on USA.gov. You’ll find a rich treasure of online information, services, and resources.
- United States Code: Browse Government Printing Office offers the laws of the United States online as text, browsable by title, chapter, sub-chapter, and section.
- Illinois Compiled Statutes Information maintained by the Legislative Reference Bureau. Updating the database of the Illinois Compiled Statutes (ILCS) is an ongoing process. Recent laws may not yet be included in the ILCS database, but they are found on this site as Public Acts soon after they become law.
- Elmhurst Municipal Code
- DuPage County Election Commission
- DuPage Recycling Guide
- DuPage CRIS DuPage County is proud to bring you Community Resource Information System (CRIS), the leading source of social service information in the county. Through CRIS, we will provide you with access to the most current, accurate, and comprehensive social service information available.
- DuPage County Election Commission Access information about registering in person, online, or by mail to vote in DuPage County.
- DuPage County Voter Lookup Get a personalized list of the candidates and issues on the ballot for your residence, your voter registration status, and your local polling place address.
- Upcoming Election Dates in DuPage County
- Illinois Voter Registration Lookup Check your voter registration status anywhere in Illinois. You must vote based on the address of your current permanent residence. There is no need to cancel your voter registration at your previous address.
- Vote411.org Get unbiased information about local candidates and print out a customized ballot with your marked selections to take with you on Election Day.
- League of Women Voters of Elmhurst Provides unbiased local election and candidate information for Elmhurst, IL.
- OpenSecrets.org Tracks the flow of money in U.S. politics and its effects on elections and policy.
- VoteSmart.org Gives unbiased biographical, campaign, voting record, and funding information about candidates. Candidates may also have taken the Political Courage Test that measures a candidate’s willingness to share with the electorate their views on key issues.
- Media Bias/Fact Check Check the bias of various news sources. The site is funded by advertising and individual donors.
- AllSides.com Get news from sources with multiple perspectives and biases, collected all in one place.
- Politifact.com Investigates the veracity of claims made my politicians. This not-for-profit site is funded by partnerships, advertising, and grants.
- ProCon.org Provides unbiased, balanced pro/con information on controversial issues.
The Library does not carry tax forms, but most tax forms and publications can be printed off of the pages below. Many of the popular publications are available for checkout from the Library.
To order federal forms by phone: 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676)
For federal tax information: 1-800-TAX-1040 (1-800-829-1040)
Find your local I.R.S. office.
To order state forms by phone: 1-800-356-6302
For state tax information: 1-800-732-8866 (8a.m. to 5 p.m.)