- ArtistWorks is an online music and art lesson channel that provides interactive access to some of the greatest creative teachers in the world. Watch hundreds of lessons, practice, and submit videos for feedback through a unique online learning environment called Video Exchange Learning. Simply click on the menu on the upper left or scroll to the bottom of the webpage under Education heading to access ArtistWorks.
- Lynda.com helps anyone learn software, technology, creative, and business skills to achieve their personal and professional goals. Watch the quick intro to Lynda and how to use Lynda. App Access: EPL cardholders can access Lynda using the free Lynda app (as well as through a browser using the web link above.) In order to authenticate the app, patrons will choose to log in as an organization (not “individual”) and then fill in the Library’s domain (elmhurstpubliclibrary.org) under “Web Portal”. They will then be asked for their barcode number and pin.
- Transparent Language Online is an online language learning program that includes over 80 languages including English as a Second Language. Also available: language blogs, online communities, word of the day, and app access.
- Tutor.com Learning Suite Tutoring and Career Center available from 10 a.m.- Midnight every day.
- Career Center – Work one-to-one with career specialists to get help with writing a resume, searching for a job or preparing for an interview.
- Tutoring (Overview) Whether you have a math problem, research paper, or tough science assignment, Live Homework Help® from Tutor.com can assist you. Students in grades K-12 and early college, as well as curious adults, can work with a tutor in English or Spanish between the hours of 10 a.m. and Midnight every day. Subjects covered include math, science, English, and social studies.
- SAT/ACT essentials – In partnership with The Princeton Review, Tutor.com provides full-length practice tests, detail score reports, engaging video lessons, and powerful practice drills.
- ERIC Journal articles and reports in education