Local Book Club Service
The Library provides a number of resources designed to support book clubs and make it easy to get together. We can support your book club and offer multiple titles in a variety of formats. We can also suggest/recommend titles. Library staff are happy to help you with any step of the process—just ask at the 2nd Floor Information Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org
or (630) 279-8696 ext. 421.)
Register Your Book Club
- Register your book club by having your contact person complete the registration form. The contact person will receive a confirmation email that their book club is registered.
Request Titles for Future Discussions
Make a Change to an Existing Request
- Once you have received the confirmation email that your book is registered, select up to 12 titles your club would like to discuss in the upcoming year and provide us with the estimated dates for each month’s discussion.
- Within two weeks, the Library will confirm the upcoming titles with the contact person.
- One month before your discussion date, each member will receive notification that their book is ready for pickup in our Lobby or at the Drive-up Window.
- If you need to change the format or pickup location for a given member, please let us know by clicking on the Make a Change to an Existing Request button.
- Ideally, select titles in our Book Discussion collection. The Book Discussion collection is updated regularly with in-demand titles as they become available in trade or paperback format. The Book Discussion collection is located on the 2nd Floor in the Reader Central nook for you to peruse and check out. We can provide additional copies or other titles through our partner libraries in LINKin and/or our statewide library system. Digital copies (eAudiobooks, eBooks) may be available through Hoopla.
- Choose titles at least one year old (this increases availability).
- Submit requests early.
- For suggestions/recommendations, contact the 2nd Floor Information Desk (email@example.com or (630) 279-8696 ext. 421) or through the online form below. Request titles that are accessible through our Library, our partner libraries in LINKin and/or our statewide library system.
- Providing a place for your group to meet (request a Group Study Room or Meeting Room).