Get a Library Card
Elmhurst residents can sign up for a digital-only account. This account is temporary. You will need to pick up your physical card from the Library. Please bring proof of residency at the point of pickup.
Apply in Person
Residents of Incorporated Elmhurst:
- Present two forms of identification that include your name and current address. (One should be a picture ID).
- Acceptable Documents to Verify Residency are:
Photo ID to Establish Identity
One ID from this column*
Document with Current Elmhurst Home Address (no PO Box) to Establish Residency
One (or two*) current ID from this column
- Drivers License
- State ID
- School ID
- Utility Bill (Must be issued within the last 2 months)
- Property Tax Bill
- Insurance Card (Must have preprinted address)
- Vehicle Registration
- Pay Stub (Must be issued within the last 2 months)
- School Documentation
- City Vehicle Sticker Application
- Bank Statement (Issued within the last 2 months)
|*If this ID does not show current address, TWO items from the second column are required.
Residents of Incorporated Elmhurst under 14 years of age:
- May use identification with the family name and address (see above)
- Must also have a signature of a parent who has an Elmhurst library card in good standing on their library card application
Residents of Unincorporated Elmhurst:
- Residents of unincorporated Elmhurst and those living in areas served by School District 205 may purchase a library card. District 205 students living in unincorporated areas may qualify for a fee waiver. Please call the library circulation department for details at 630-279-8696.
Unincorporated District 205 Students with Income Eligibility
- District 205 students who live in unincorporated Elmhurst or in surrounding unincorporated areas who participate in the Federal Free or Reduced-Price School Meal Program may apply for a card free of charge:
Application Form – English
Application Form – Spanish
- Complete the form and print or save it as a pdf. Obtain a signature from a school official. Return the signed form to the circulation desk or by e-mail to email@example.com. Scanning and printing are available at the Library. Questions? Call (630) 279-8696.
Owners of Elmhurst Businesses and Non-Profit Organizations:
Employees of Elmhurst Businesses and Non-Profit Organizations:
- If you work in Elmhurst, bring your home library card and your official employer photo ID or payroll stub to the circulation desk and ask for your “Elmhurst Work Perks.” Read more about Work Perks.
Elmhurst University Students: