Magazines & Newspapers
The library subscribes to over 300 hard copy magazines and newspapers that are available inside the building. Thousands more online, full-text magazines & newspapers are available 24/7 from anywhere with your Elmhurst Public Library card.
Titles in full text, in print or online.
Elmhurst Local Newspapers This page lists all of the Library’s local newspaper holdings.
eMagazines by RBdigital Love reading magazines? Try the Library’s eMagazine collection and read them on your iPad, Android tablet, Mac or PC.
PressReader Love reading newspapers? Read them online with PressReader using your browser or the PressReader app!
- Chicago Tribune Complete full-text of Chicago Tribune (1/1/1985-Current).
- Consumer Reports Access to Consumer Reports’ and unbiased product and service Ratings and recommendations, selections from the latest issue of Consumer Reports and Consumer Reports Health, a searchable archive of the past four years of Ratings, Consumer Reports’ exclusive product- and car-reliability reports, comprehensive decision guides,access to consumer/user reviews, and much more.
- Proquest Newsstand Access to the full-text of more than 800 U.S. and international newspapers, including Chicago Tribune, Daily Herald, Christian Science Monitor, Crain’s Chicago Business, Los Angeles Times, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and The Times (London).
- MasterFILE Premier Full text for nearly 1,700 magazines, newspapers & journals covering general topics, business, health, education, general science, multicultural issues and much more. Tutorial
- SIRS Researcher Provides thousands of full-text articles on a variety of social, scientific, health, historic, economic, business, political and global issues. Articles are selected from around 1500 newspapers, magazines, journals and government publications. Includes news information, maps, and almanac information.
- Chicago Tribune Historical Archive The full-text of the Chicago Tribune from 1849-1993, includes front pages, time lines, this day in history, obituary searching. It offers full page and article images with searchable full text back to the first issue. The collection includes digital reproductions providing access to every page from every available issue.
- Elmhurst Local History/Newspaper Index This is an index of several local Elmhurst, IL newspapers. With this tool you can find a citation for a specific newspaper article. The following newspapers are covered: Elmhurst Doings (March 2001-12/23/2010), Elmhurst Independent (September 2001-September 21, 2017), Elmhurst Press (June 1985-2013), Elmhurst Suburban Life (Oct 2013-September 22, 2017), Suburban Life (March 1997-September 2000).
- Academic Search Premier More than 4,600 magazines and journals, including full text for nearly 3,900 peer-reviewed titles. In addition to the full-text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for 8,470 journals. Tutorial
- ArticleFirst OCLC Index of articles from the contents pages of journals.
- ClasePeriodica Index of Latin American journals in the sciences and humanities
- ERIC Journal articles and reports in education
- Explora Primary Grades Provides full text for over 50 magazines and over 100 pamphlets, designed for the elementary school student. Tutorial
- Explora Middle & High School Provides full text access to magazines covering general topics for middle and junior high school students. Tutorial
- SIRS Discoverer Provides over 1,900 magazines, newspapers, and reference books; 10,000 educator-approved websites; and 30,000 colorful graphics, photos, and maps. Designed for elementary and middle schoolers.