Get a Library Card
Apply in Person
Residents of Incorporated Elmurst:
- Present two forms of identification that include your name and current address. (One should be a picture ID).
- Acceptable Documents to Verify Residency are:
Photo ID to Establish Identity
One ID from this column*
Document with Current Elmhurst Home Address (no PO Box) to Establish Residency
One (or two*) current ID from this column
- Drivers License
- State ID
- School ID
- Insurance Card (Must have preprinted address)
- Preprinted Check
- Utility Bill (Must be issued within the last 2 months)
- Vehicle Registration
- Pay Stub (Must be issued within the last 2 months)
- Fishing License
- Report Card
- School Schedule
- City Car Sticker Application
|*If this ID does not show current address, TWO items from the second column are required.
Residents of Incorporated Elmhurst under 14 years of age:
- May use identification with the family name and address (see above)
- Must also have a signature of a parent who has an Elmhurst library card in good standing on their library card application
Residents of Unincorporated Elmhurst:
- Residents of unincorporated Elmhurst living in areas served by School District 205 may purchase a library card. Please call the library circulation department for details at 630-279-8696.
Owners of Elmhurst Businesses and Non-Profit Organizations:
Employees of Elmhurst Businesses and Non-Profit Organizations:
- If you work in Elmhurst, bring your home library card and your official employer photo ID or payroll stub to the circulation desk and ask for your “Elmhurst Work Perks.” Read more about Work Perks.