R&R – Business & Investing
- Background Checks (Check Illinois) Whether you’re looking for a babysitter,checking on neighbors, or hiring a new employee, background checks can provide you with powerful insight into the activities of individuals with whom you may be seeking to trust or do business. Check Illinois is part of the Public Records tool.
- Business Insights: Global Detailed company and industry profiles including SWOT reports, market share reports, and financial reports. Thousands of company histories and industry essays from Gale’s core business collection. Case studies, scholarly journals, and business news for deep research coverage of global economies.
- Business Reference Books Online Gale eBooks – use reference books in the library or from home 24/7. This database contains a wide variety of books including such diverse sources as: the Encyclopedia of Business and Finance, Encyclopedia of Clothing and Fashion and U*X*L Encyclopedia of Science. Find authoritative information on a large number of topics. It’s like having a tall stack of reference books at your fingertips! Try these tutorials: Browsing Titles and Searching for Information.
- Gale Directory Library A collection of ebook business directories, including Market Share Reporter, Business Rankings Annual and the Encyclopedia of Business Information Sources.
- Business Source Elite Includes full text for over 2,470 scholarly business journals covering management, economics, finance, accounting, international business and much more. Includes full text of the Harvard Business Review (1922-current).
- DemographicsNow: Business & People Create comprehensive business and residential lists, obtain detailed demographic reports and visualize trends using maps.
- Legal Forms Find business and personal legal forms for Illinois. Also includes definitions and a lawyer directory. Tutorial
- Mergent Intellect, powered by Hoovers, delivers comprehensive company, industry, and market intelligence. Our database of 12 million companies, with in-depth coverage of 40,000 of the world’s top business enterprises, is at the core of our business tools and services that customers find vital to their business operations. Hoover’s editorial staff of some 80 editors and researchers brings vital business information and knowledge to its coverage, updating the site daily to bring our visitors and subscribers the most up-to-date business information in the industry.
- MorningStar Do your stock and mutual fund research online. Research specific stocks and mutual funds using MorningStar reports. Discover stocks and mutual funds that meet your investing needs using MorningStar ‘screeners’ that select securities based on hundreds of different data points. Use the ‘portfolio x-ray’ to see how well a group of investments fit together.
- Public Records Electronic Database Find new homeowners, new businesses, foreclosures & sales, and bankruptcies in Cook, DuPage, Kane, Kendall, Lake, McHenry & Will counties. Also, run background checks using Check Illinois.
- Reference Solutions (formerly ReferenceUSA) by Data Axle Find information on 11 million US businesses. Search using a number of criteria including geography, size, SIC codes, ticker symbol and more. Provides directory information including contact, owner, major industry information and more. Need help? Need help? Try these training guides.
- ValueLine The Value Line Research Center includes on-line access to Value Line’s leading publications covering stocks, mutual funds, options and convertible securities as well as special situation stocks. Publications include: The Value Line Investment Survey, The Value Line Investment Survey – Small and Mid-Cap Edition, The Value Line Mutual Fund Survey, The Value Line Daily Options Survey, The Value Line Special Situations Service, Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) and the M & A Service. Tutorials
- The Wall Street Journal (1984 – current)
- Big Charts This is a comprehensive easy to use website for professional level research tools, as well as news, quotes, and market information. A historical quote tools allows you to look up a securities exact closing price on a selected date.
- Industrial Classification North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) has replaced the U.S. Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) system. NAICS was developed jointly by the U.S., Canada, and Mexico to provide comparability in statistics. 2002 NAICS Codes and Titles
- SCORE – Fox Valley SCORE Owner: Resource partner with U.S. Small Business Administration ‘Counselors to America’s Small Business.’ SCORE, the Service Corps of Retired Executives, consists primarily of retired business professional people offering advice. Counseling and workshop information is available.
- State of Illinois Business Portal A portal for small business information from the State of Illinois to ‘make government resources more convenient and accessible.’ Includes new state business initiatives
- Thomas Register of American Manufacturers Thomas Net is powered by Thomas Register and Thomas Regional. It brings together industrial buyers and suppliers on a national, regional, and local level. A single source for finding the product, service, or supplies.