3D Printing procedures have changed:
- 3D prints must be picked up at the Drive Up Window.
- Once the 3D print is completed, it will be weighed and the fee for the print will be added to your library card. It is $0.10/gram with a $1.00 minimum. Library cards with $20 or more in fees and fines will be frozen until paid.
- The fee for the 3D print must either be paid online before picking up or with cash during pick up.
3D Print Procedures and Guidelines:
- 3D printing is reserved for Elmhurst Public Library cardholders, business cardholders, Work Perks cardholders, Elmhurst University students, and students and teachers of Elmhurst schools
- There is an 8-hour print limit per file
- Max 16-hour printing per week
- Max design space is 9.9 L x 7.8 W x 5.9 H in (or 25.2 L x 19.9 W x 15.0 H cm)
- Cost is a $.10 per gram, with a one dollar minimum. The fee for your print will be added to your Library Card.
- This fee must be paid online before picking up your print. The Library will not accept cash or check payments.
- Printing is done by Library staff and is attended to on a first come, first served basis
- Allow up to 7 business days for each print file
- Pick up at the Drive Up Window. If a 3D print is not picked up after 30 days, it becomes the Library’s property.
- Library staff do not design prints for patrons. Staff may assist with design software where applicable.
- Printing designs are not guaranteed to come out as intended and can be affected by any number of variables. The Library does not refund printing fees for completed items which do not come out as intended.
- The 3D printers are not meant for mass production
- The Library reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request
- For additional information or resources, visit our 3D Printing User Guide.
To see full Makery equipment usage and rules, see the Makerspace Policy.