- You must live or work in Elmhurst in order to have an exam proctored at the library.
- You must contact the library a minimum of 5 days before you wish to take your exam. Additionally, you must contact the library BEFORE you have an exam sent. (The Elmhurst Public Library is not responsible for exams that are sent without making prior arrangements.) It is essential that you give your school enough time to mail the exam so that the test will be here on the day you wish to take it.
- We can proctor paper or online exams.
- When the exam arrives we will contact you to let you know it is here. At that time we will arrange a date and time for you to take the exam.
- You must present a photo ID at the time you take your exam.
- You are responsible for any copy, printing or postage costs. If no envelope is provided, you must provide a stamped envelope. We can typically let you know about these details before you come in.
- The staff member will read and follow all exam instructions. Any irregularities will be noted with the returned exam.
- Staff members will not grade examinations. You will have to make special arrangements with your school if they normally ask proctors to grade exams.
- The staff member who proctors your exam will sign off on the exam.
- This service is provided free of charge.
Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Please take our end time and the duration of your exam into consideration when scheduling. For those who need a calm testing environment, you are encouraged to come in Monday – Friday between 9am – 2pm.
CONTACT: Bryan Blank, Head of Adult Services
125 S. Prospect Ave.
Elmhurst, IL 60126