R&R – Law, Government & Taxes
- Background Checks (Click the “Check Illinois” link) Whether you’re looking for a babysitter,checking on neighbors, or hiring a new employee, background checks can provide you with powerful insight into the activities of individuals with whom you may be seeking to trust or do business. Check Illinois is part of the Public Records tool.
- Legal Forms Find business and personal legal forms for Illinois. Also includes definitions and a lawyer directory. Tutorial
- Westlaw Next In Library Use only
Access Illinois-related federal and state cases, statutes and regulations. Tutorials(must create free account to access)
- Law Reference Books Online Gale Virtual Reference Library – use reference books in the library or from home 24/7. This database contains a wide variety of law reference books. Find authoritative information on a large number of topics. It’s like having a tall stack of reference books at your fingertips! Try these tutorials: 1) Basics, 2) Browse & Search, 3) Download PDF to Your eReader
- Public Records Electronic Database Find new homeowners, new businesses, foreclosures & sales, and bankruptcies in Cook, DuPage, Kane, Kendall, Lake, McHenry & Will counties. Also, run background checks using Check Illinois.
- SIRS Researcher In Library Use only Provides thousands of full-text articles on a variety of social, scientific, health, historic, economic, business, political and global issues. Articles are selected from around 1500 newspapers, magazines, journals and government publications. Includes news information, maps, and almanac information.
- GPO U.S. government publications
- Find General Newspaper & Magazine Articles
- Google.com/unclesam Google U.S. Government search.
- USA.gov Official information and services from the U.S. government. Whatever you want or need from the U.S. government, it’s here on USA.gov. You’ll find a rich treasure of online information, services, and resources.
- United States Code: Browse Government Printing Office offers the laws of the United States online as text, browsable by title, chapter, sub-chapter, and section.
- Illinois Compiled Statutes Information maintained by the Legislative Reference Bureau
- Updating the database of the Illinois Compiled Statutes (ILCS) is an ongoing process. Recent laws may not yet be included in the ILCS database, but they are found on this site as Public Acts soon after they become law.
- Elmhurst Municipal Code
- DuPage County Election Commission
- DuPage Recycling Guide
- DuPage CRIS DuPage County is proud to bring you Community Resource Information System (CRIS), the leading source of social service information in the county. Through CRIS, we will provide you with access to the most current, accurate, and comprehensive social service information available.
The Library does not carry tax forms, but most tax forms and publications can be printed off of the pages below. Many of the popular publications are available for checkout from the Library.
To order federal forms by phone: 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676)
For federal tax information: 1-800-TAX-1040 (1-800-829-1040)
Find your local I.R.S. office.
To order state forms by phone: 1-800-356-6302
For state tax information: 1-800-732-8866 (8a.m. to 5 p.m.)