Community Connection Events
Valentine’s Day Card Project
Create a Valentine’s Day card for seniors, veterans, or Ronald McDonald House kids. Pick up materials at the Drive-up Window or download a card template here
. The Library is not collecting cards. You may send them directly to the destination of your choice, addressed to “Any Resident, for Valentine’s Day.” Your card may be quarantined after arrival, so please mail it by Feb. 5.
Some suggested destinations for your cards:
- Lexington Square, 400 W. Butterfield Rd, Elmhurst, IL 60126
- Artis Senior Living, 123 W. Brush Hill Rd., Elmhurst, IL 60126
- Ronald MacDonald House, 5444 S. Drexel Av., Chicago, IL 60615
- Ronald MacDonald House, 211 E. Grand Av., Chicago, IL 60611
- Blank card and envelope
- Decorative materials like ribbon or stickers
- Markers or crayons
- Glue or tape
Dec. 1- Feb. 28 • Library Lobby • All Ages
Tired of completing the same puzzle over and over again? Trade in your gently used puzzles at the Library and leave with new-to-you puzzles. All ages, levels, and piece counts welcome. Spread the word so you have more to choose from! Puzzles must be in good condition with all pieces.
Family Scavenger Hunt
Join in a neighborhood visual scavenger hunt! Each week had a new list of things to find indoors and outdoors.
Past scavenger hunts: Week 1 • Week 2 • Week 3 • Week 4
Write to the Dogs
Your Library therapy dog friends miss seeing you! Send an email to any of these furry friends and tell them what you’ve been up to, ask them questions, share what you’ve been reading, or write about some fun facts. They will send you an email response with their picture!
Send your email letter with “Write to the Dogs” in the subject to firstname.lastname@example.org and she will be sure your dog gets your mail.
Please limit your emails to one dog each month, so they will be able to respond to everyone.
Cheerful Snail Mail and Digital Greetings
- Send a friendly card, note, or drawing to someone that might need a smile! We encourage everyone to send something to: Residents of Lexington Square 400 W. Butterfield Rd. Elmhurst, IL 60126
- Write a card or send a video messages to residents of Artis Senior Living, 123 West Brush Hill Rd., Elmhurst, IL or email@example.com.
- Elmhurst Extended Care Center is not accepting physical cards, but is welcoming emailed greetings. Send a friendly note to firstname.lastname@example.org to share with residents.