Science Fair Resources
- The New Book of Popular Science (6 volumes) J Ref 500 New (also available for checkout)
- Growing Up with Science (17 volumes) J Ref 503.21 Gro
- Physics Matters! (10 volumes) J Ref 530 Phy
- Biology Matters! (10 volumes) J Ref 570 Bio
- Chemistry Matters! (10 volumes) J Ref 540 Che
- Animal and Plant Anatomy (11 volumes) J Ref 571.3 Ani
- The Complete Handbook of Science Fair Projects J Ref 507.8 Boc (also available for checkout)
Books Available for Checkout:
- Scientific American: Everything You Need for Winning Science Fair Projects, Grades 5 – 7 (J 507.8 Fri)
- Blue Ribbon Science Projects (ebook)
- Plastics and Polymers Science Fair Projects: Using Hair Gel, Soda Bottles, and Slimy Stuff (J 668.4078 Goo)
- Championship Science Fair Projects: 100 Sure-to-Win Experiments (ebook)
- Step-by-Step Science Experiments in Energy (J 531.6078 Van)
- How to Build a Hovercraft : Air Cannons, Magnet Motors, and 25 Other Amazing DIY Science Projects (J 600 Vol)
There are many more titles in the Best Science Projects series. Ask a librarian for help in finding them.
A Sampling of Databases:
- Scholastic GO! Science, medicine and technology for middle school students.
- Consumer Reports Access to Consumer Reports’ and unbiased product and service Ratings and recommendations, selections from the latest issue of Consumer Reports and Consumer Reports Health, a searchable archive of the past four years of Ratings, Consumer Reports’ exclusive product- and car-reliability reports, comprehensive decision guides,access to consumer/user reviews, and much more.
- Science in Context Provides detailed coverage of science subjects, from earth science and life science, to space, technology, mathematics and science history and biography.
- Direct Link to “How Products Are Made“
- World Book Encyclopedia More than 25,000 encyclopedia articles online for students from grades 4 through 12.
- SIRS Discoverer Provides over 1,900 magazines, newspapers, and reference books; 10,000 educator-approved websites; and 30,000 colorful graphics, photos, and maps. Designed for elementary and middle schoolers.
- SIRS Researcher In Library Use only. Provides thousands of full-text articles on a variety of social, scientific, health, historic, economic, business, political and global issues. Articles are selected from around 1500 newspapers, magazines, journals and government publications. Includes news information, maps, and almanac information.
- Explora – Middle & High School
Provides full text access to magazines covering general topics for middle and junior high school students. Tutorial
A Sampling of Websites:
And remember, the librarians at the Elmhurst Public Library are always ready to help you find more information.