Reserve Makery Equipment
In order to adapt to the Covid-19 pandemic, we’ve changed procedures to provide a safe environment for staff and patrons.
Below is a list of things to expect during your Makery visit.
What to Expect
- Per the CDC, please wear a mask at the Library if you have not been vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Reservations are recommended (see procedure below)
- Limit of two hours a day
- Limit of one reservation a day
- Maximum of two upcoming reservations
- Reservations can be made 7 days in advance
- Due to social distancing, staff are unable to provide technology help, design help, or equipment demonstrations.
- Tutorials and learning resources can be found in the User Guides.
- Demonstration videos can be found on YouTube
- A 6 ft distance must be maintained when staff operate the Laser Cutter or troubleshoot equipment problems
- When available, staff can provide help virtually at elmlib.org/videochat
Makery Reservations are Required
- To make a reservation, please call (630) 279-8696 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reservation requests must be approved by Makery staff before your visit.
- Please allow one business day for staff to review and respond to your requests.
- Reservation requests can be made up to 7 days in advance
- Limited to two hours a day
- All reservation requests will be handled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Please include the following information in your request:
- Your full name
- Your Library Card Number
- Preferred phone number for contact
- All equipment you intend to use
- A description of your project
- Preferred date(s)/time(s)
- If you have sensory sensitivity, please let us know when booking your reservation and we will do our best to reserve your time when loud equipment is not being used.
Sunday: 1-4:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 12-8:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 12-5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 12-8:30 p.m.
Friday: 12-8:30 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.