Reserve Makery Equipment
The Makery is open by reservation only.
In order to adapt to the Covid-19 pandemic, we’ve changed procedures to provide a safe environment for staff and patrons.
Below is a list of things to expect during your Makery visit.
What to Expect
- Masks are required
- Reservations are required (see procedure below)
- Limit of two hours a day
- Limit of one reservation a day
- Maximum of two upcoming reservations
- Reservation requests for the week start on Monday at 9:00 a.m.
- The Makery will be limited to 2 patrons total at a time
- Every person entering the Makery will need a reservation. Exception: Infants in carriers or strollers.
- Due to social distancing, staff are unable to provide technology help, design help, or equipment demonstrations.
- Tutorials and learning resources can be found in the User Guides.
- Demonstration videos can be found on YouTube
- A 6 ft distance must be maintained when staff operate the Laser Cutter or troubleshoot equipment problems
- When available, staff can provide help virtually at elmlib.org/videochat
Makery Reservations are Required
- To make a reservation, please call (630) 279-8696 or email email@example.com.
- Reservation requests must be approved by Makery staff before your visit.
- Please allow one business day for staff to review and respond to your requests.
- Starting Monday, May 17, reservation requests can be made up to 7 days in advance
- Limited to two hours
- All reservation requests will be handled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Please include the following information in your request:
- Your full name
- Your Library Card Number
- Preferred phone number for contact
- All equipment you intend to use
- A description of your project
- Preferred date(s)/time(s)
- If you have sensory sensitivity, please let us know when booking your reservation and we will do our best to reserve your time when loud equipment is not being used.
NEW Hours (starting 5/17)
Sunday: 1-4:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 12-8:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 12-5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 12-8:30 p.m.
Friday: 12-8:30 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.