User Guide: Mat Cutter
What is it?
Logan 450-1 Artist Elite Cutter
A mat cutter is used to cut mat boards for custom frames for your artwork. Great for framing your professional photo or your favorite family photo.
What can I do?
The mat cutter can cut mat board with a beveled mat cutter for an angled edge or a straight mat cutter for a straight edge. These are perfect for creating a frame for your artwork or favorite photos.
What does the Makery provide?
- Logan Mat Cutter
- 40″ capacity
- Minimum border 3/4″
- Maximum border 5 1/2″
- Beveled edge cutter
- Straight edge cutter
- Various rulers and straight edges to measure and mark your mat board
What do I need?
- Mat board
- Artwork to frame
Where can I buy materials?
Mat board can be found at places like Blick Art Materials, Michael’s, Amazon, and more.
Elmhurst Public Library does not endorse nor profit from these links. These are suggestions of where you can purchase items to use in the Makery but are by no means an exhaustive list.
Reserve the Mat Cutter
- Call (630) 279-8696 or email firstname.lastname@example.org about your reservation
- Reservations are limited to one-hour
- One reservation a day
- Maximum of two upcoming reservations
- Reservation requests can be made every week starting Monday at 9:00 a.m.