Large Format Printer
The Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-4100S is an inkjet printer that prints on a 42″ wide roll. The Canon PRO-4100S is a inkjet printer that helps keep colors vibrant in comparison to a laserjet printer. The printer is designed for printing file types such as JPEG, PDF, PNG, CAD, MCAD, and ECAD.
No specialty, card stock, or glossy rolls of paper are available. Minimum size is 20 inches. File should be saved on a USB drive or your cloud service.
The Makery reserves the right to refuse any print that does not comply with policy, size, or time restrictions. To see full Makery equipment usage and rules, see the Makerspace Policy.
- Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-4100S Printer
- A computer with:
- Canon Free Layout Plus
- Internet access
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- 170gsm white Matte Paper Roll. See the Makery Price List for more information.
- Dahle 448 rotary paper cutter, cuts up to 51 inches.
You Must Bring
- A print-ready digital file stored on a USB drive or cloud service
- Recommended file type: PDF
- Supported file types include: PDF, JPEG, PNG, Microsoft Word (.docx), Microsoft Publisher (.pub), Photoshop (.psd), Illustrator (.ai), InDesign (.indd)
- Consider bringing a tube or sleeve for transport
Learning and Resources
- LinkedIn Learning helps anyone learn software, technology, creative, and business skills to achieve their personal and professional goals through online video tutorials and trainings on demand.
- Canva is an online graphic design app with templates and other features. Visit their Learn page for design classes.
- Watch our video How to Crop and Resize in Photoshop Elements
- The Creative Studios on the 2nd Floor has software and equipment available for creating your design. Files need to be packaged with fonts/linked files.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Wacom Tablets
- Epson Scanners
- Recommended design programs:
- Microsoft Word (max paper size is 22″)
- Microsoft Publisher
- Canva — online design software
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- Gravit — online vector graphic software
- For best quality, it is best to create your file document size to match the print size.
- Suggested DPI is 300. Larger DPI settings could take longer to print.
- Edit your design carefully. Look for typos, misalignments, pixelation, stray lines or other oddities. Staff are not responsible for the aesthetic design or content of your design. If you discover a mistake after the print is complete, you will still be charged.
- Prints are not fade resistant or weather resistant.
- We cannot mass produce prints. For multiple copies, you need to seek a commercial printer