The paper is 42 inches wide. Minimum poster size is 20 inches on one side. We only have the ability to print on standard white paper. No specialty or glossy rolls of paper are available. (Ask us about 11×17 printing.)
The cost for printing is 50¢ per linear inch. Payment by cash or check only. Printing cost examples:
|20 x 30
||24 x 36
||42 x 42
Bring your poster file to the Makery on a USB drive. (Emailed files are not accepted.) Staff will give you an estimate of how long your print will take. The time it takes to print your job depends on your design’s graphic intensity and the availability of Makery staff. If staff are unable to print your job when you arrive, you will be notified when your print is finished.
Things to Consider
- Edit your poster carefully. Look for typos, misalignments, pixelation, stray lines or other oddities. Staff are not responsible for the aesthetic design or content of your poster. If you discover a mistake after the poster is printed you will still be charged for the poster.
- Suggested DPI is 300. There is no maximum for DPI; however, files with larger DPI settings could take longer to print.
- Posters are not fade resistant and will fade over time. A poster placed in a brightly lit window will fade fairly quickly.
- We cannot mass produce posters. For multiple copies, you need to seek a commercial printer.
- Files need to be packaged with fonts/linked files.
- Recommended file types include :
- The Makery does not provide sleeves or tubes to protect your print job during transportation. If you require one, you need to provide it.
- The Makery reserves the right to refuse any poster print that does not comply with policy, size, or time restrictions.
- If your poster print is not picked up and paid for in a timely manner, the Library will not accept future requests.