3D Print Procedures and Guidelines:
- 3D printing is reserved for Elmhurst Public Library cardholders, business cardholders, Work Perks cardholders, Elmhurst College students, and students and teachers of Elmhurst schools
- There is an 8-hour print limit per file
- Max 16-hour printing per week
- Max design space is 9.9 L x 7.8 W x 5.9 H in (or 25.2 L x 19.9 W x 15.0 H cm)
- Cost is a $.10 per gram, with a one dollar minimum
- Printing is done by Library staff and is attended to on a first come, first served basis
- Allow up to 7 business days for each print file
- Pick up at the Checkout Desk on the first floor. If a 3D print is not picked up after 30 days, it becomes the Library’s property and a charge will be put on the patron’s library card.
- Library staff do not design prints for patrons. Staff may assist with design software where applicable.
- Printing designs are not guaranteed to come out as intended and can be affected by any number of variables. The Library does not refund printing fees for completed items which do not come out as intended.
- The 3D printers are not meant for mass production
- The Library reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request
- For additional information or resources, visit our 3D Printing User Guide.
To see full Makery equipment usage and rules, see the Makerspace Policy.