Affordable Care Act
Open Enrollment for 2020 Coverage
- November 1, 2019: Open Enrollment started — first day to enroll, re-enroll, or change a 2020 insurance plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- December 15, 2019: Last day to enroll in or change plans for 2020 coverage. After this date, you can enroll or change plans only if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
- January 1, 2019: 2020 coverage starts, if you’ve paid your first premium.
Since the 2019 Open Enrollment Period is over, you can enroll in a 2019 insurance plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace only if you have a life event that qualifies you for a Special Enrollment Period.
Sign up for email updates to get important information and reminders.
Can enroll three ways:
- Online at Healthcare.gov or at Cuidadodesalud.gov para Español
- By mail: Downloadable forms are available
- In-person with the help of a Navigator: Find Local Help
Need Help? National Marketplace Help Center: 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325)