Affordable Care Act
Open Enrollment for 2021 Coverage
- November 1, 2020: Open Enrollment started — first day to enroll, re-enroll, or change a 2021 insurance plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- December 15, 2020: Last day to enroll in or change plans for 2021 coverage. After this date, you can enroll or change plans only if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
- January 1, 2021: 2021 coverage starts, if you’ve paid your first premium.
You can enroll in Marketplace health coverage February 15 through May 15 due to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) emergency.
You may also still be able to enroll for 2021 any time these two ways: with a Special Enrollment Period or through Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
Sign up for email updates to get important information and reminders.
Can enroll three ways:
- Online at Healthcare.gov or at Cuidadodesalud.gov para Español
- By mail: Downloadable forms are available
- In-person with the help of a Navigator: Find Local Help
Need Help? National Marketplace Help Center: 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325)