Quick Start: eBooks
Getting Started: eBook and Device Help
eBook Device Reviews
Just click the link above and search “e-book readers.”
There are also reviews for mobile devices. Search for “tablets” or “smartphones”.
eBook Checkout Rules
||EPL cardholders only
at a time
if no waiting list
||1, 2, or 3 weeks
at a time
if no waiting list
||10 items per month
Other Free eBook Sites
- Baen A publisher of science fiction and fantasy, offers a number of their titles as free downloads. New titles are added every month.
- Biblioboard Anyone who is physically in Illinois can access the content RAILS provides on BiblioBoard Library without a login. Users are authenticated through the IP address of their computer or GPS coordinates of their mobile device. Because BiblioBoard authenticates by the user’s location, visiting the website or opening the app gives you access to e-books without needing to enter a library card number or other login. Unlimited checkouts and no return periods give readers instant access to all titles all the time. Readers also may create a BiblioBoard account profile and login. An account allows access to BiblioBoard Library while outside of Illinois, as well as the ability to download content for offline reading and to add bookmarks and notes. Apps available for Android, iOS, and Kindle Fire HD.
- Book Lending Instantly matches people who want to borrow and lend Kindle books. Always free of charge. Come borrow a book today.
- Digital Book Index Provides links to more than 165,000 full-text digital books from more than 1800 commercial and non-commercial publishers, universities, and various private sites. More than 140,000 of these books, texts, and documents are available free.
- The Digital Reader A blog devoted to news, reviews and opinions on everything eBook.
- eBookAnoid Reviews eReaders, eBooks and the websites devoted to them.
- Google Books Search the latest index of the world’s books. Find millions of great books you can preview or read for free.
- Hathi Trust HathiTrust is a partnership of major research institutions and libraries working to ensure that the cultural record is preserved and accessible long into the future. There are more than sixty partners in HathiTrust.
- The Online Books Page The University of Pennsylvania Libraries offers an index of over 2,000,000 online books freely readable on the Internet.
- Open Library The World’s classic literature at your fingertips. Over 1,000,000 free ebook titles available.
- Project Gutenberg Offers more than 57,000 free books that work with all eReaders. Classic titles and public domain works will be found through this site. Requires no registration.
Questions? Comments? Contact us at 630-279-8696 or firstname.lastname@example.org