Local Book Club Service
Scroll past the form below for details about how to register your group and get started with our Local Book Club Service.
Already registered? Use this form to submit your next title…
Submit your request here:
We will contact you about book availability. We can also suggest/recommend titles. Library staff are happy to help you with any step of the process, just ask at the 2nd Floor Information Desk.
Register your group with us to streamline the process!
We can support your book club and offer multiple copies of popular titles in a variety of formats. Once registered all your group needs to do is to have one person submit the request and we’ll take care of the rest. See details below…
We will help by:
- Suggesting/recommending titles. Contact us by phone (630-279-8696), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or through the online form below.
- Obtaining and reserving enough books for each member in your group.
- Offering a collection of titles purchased specifically for use by discussion groups.*
- Providing a place for your group to meet (request a Group Study Room or Meeting Room).
Procedure for registering your book club & making title requests:
- Give your group an identifying name and choose a contact person.
- Have the contact person call or email names and library card numbers of group members to the 2nd floor Information Desk. We will keep your information in our Local Book Club database.
- Once we have your group on file, your contact person just needs to call or email: the name of your group, the title of your chosen book, and the date of your next discussion, or fill out the form below. We will submit the request for all of your group’s members at one time.
- Each member will be notified individually when their book is ready for pick up at our Checkout Desk or drive-up window.
- You are often able to keep the book until after your discussion (ask at time of check-out).
Guidelines to facilitate quick access:
- Request titles that are accessible through our Library , our partner libraries in LINKin and/or our statewide library system.**
- Choose titles at least 1 year old (this increases availability) or from our Book Discussion Collection.*
- Submit requests early and include the date of your discussion.
*The list of titles in our Book Discussion Collection is updated regularly with in-demand titles, as they become available in trade or paperback format. The Book Discussion Collection is located on the 2nd floor for you to peruse and check out.
** We are able to provide additional copies of titles through Interlibrary Loan.
Other helpful links:
Book Discussion Collection (we own 8-15 copies of each of these titles)
Local book club favorites (Local Elmhurst book clubs share their favorite discussion titles!)
EPL Databases: Novelist Plus
Websites: Reading Group Guides.com LitLovers.com