R&R – Music & Art
- ArtistWorks is an online music and art lesson channel that provides interactive access to some of the greatest creative teachers in the world. Watch hundreds of lessons, practice, and submit videos for feedback through a unique online learning environment called Video Exchange Learning.
- Free Music from Freegal – Looking for a way to get free music that you can play on any iPod, iPhone, or other MP3 player? Freegal Music is a new FREE service that offers over 400,000 songs from over 50 Sony-affiliated labels including Columbia, RCA, Sony Classical, and Arista. You’ll need your library card number and you’re limited to 3 downloads per week, but everything that you download is yours to keep!
- Hoopla is a steaming media platform that offers access to over 100,000 music albums from Universal Music Group, Warner Music Group and eOne. Entire albums are streamed and there is a 7 day lending period for music. 15 item checkout limit per month. Streaming movies and television shows and audiobooks are also available. Apps are available for iOS and Android devices.
- ArchiveGrid Descriptions of nearly a million archival collections owned by libraries, museums, historical societies and archives worldwide. Useful for search for historical documents, personal papers and family histories.
- Catalog of Art Museum Images Online (CAMIO) A collection of high-quality art images from around the world contributed and described by leading museums, all rights-cleared for educational use. Every work in CAMIO is represented by at least one high-resolution image and a description. Many have additional views of the work, audio, video, and curatorial notes. Included in CAMIO are: photographs, costumes, paintings, posters, sculptures, jewelry, prints, utilitarian objects and decorative arts.
- Naxos Music Library Listen to over 380,000 individual tracks. Classical, jazz and world music are included. Simple and advanced searching. Extensive background information including liner notes. Reference material on genre and musicians. There is a headphone jack at the front of the computer behind the grey wedge. You are welcome to bring your own headphones. Visit Naxos and create a free student/member playlist account, and use those details to log in to the Naxos App.
- OAIster A catalog of more than 19 million digital resources organized by the Open Archives Initiative. These resources include Digitized books and articles, “born-digital” texts, Audio files, images, movies, datasets (downloadable statistical files).
- Art and Music Reference Books Online Gale Virtual Reference Library – use reference books in the library or from home 24/7. This database contains a wide variety of books including such diverse sources as: Baker’s Biographical Dictionary of Popular Musicians Since 1990 and Arts and Humanities Through the Eras. Find authoritative information on a large number of topics. It’s like having a tall stack of reference books at your fingertips!
- Find General Newspaper & Magazine Articles