- ArtistWorks is an online music and art lesson channel that provides interactive access to some of the greatest creative teachers in the world. Watch hundreds of lessons, practice, and submit videos for feedback through a unique online learning environment called Video Exchange Learning.
- Gale Courses offers more than 300 six-week courses taught by college instructors and experts. Sign up to enhance your professional or personal knowledge about business, parenting, technology, healthcare, writing, photography, accounting, finance, and much more. New sessions begin every month. Students who complete the course and pass the final with at least 70% score will receive a record of their completion. View this tutorial on getting started.
- Lynda.com lynda.com helps anyone learn software, technology, creative, and business skills to achieve their personal and professional goals. Watch quick intro to Lynda and how to use Lynda. App Access: EPL cardholders can access Lynda using the free Lynda app (as well as through a browser using the web link above.) In order to authenticate the app, patrons will choose to log in as an organization (not “individual”) and then fill in the Library’s domain (elmhurstpubliclibrary.org) under “Web Portal”. They will then be asked for their barcode and pin.
- Transparent Language Online An online language learning program that includes over 80 languages including English as a Second Language. Also available: language blogs, online communities, word of the day and a free iPhone app.
- Tutor.com Learning Suite Tutoring and Career Center available from 10 a.m.-Midnight everyday.
- Career Center (demo) Work one-to-one with career specialists to get help with writing a resume, searching for a job or preparing for an interview.
- Tutoring (demo) Whether you have a math problem, research paper or tough science assignment, Live Homework Help® from Tutor.com can assist you. Students in grades K-12 and early college as well as curious adults can work with a tutor in English or Spanish between the hours of 10 a.m. and midnight every day. Subjects covered include math, science, english and social studies.
- ERIC Journal articles and reports in education